Today, it only takes one video to drive a massive following. This is just a reminder that at any given moment, a video that you upload can set the Internet on fire. Being the most favorite content of online users today, they can make or break a marketing campaign. If you are looking to enhance the awareness of a brand; then, video marketing should be your top priority. Below, let us discover the state of video marketing in 2021!
Video is an effective way to connect with your target audiences. As it becomes prevalent, it needs to be integrated into every aspect of marketing. According to a digital marketing speaker Hong Kong, most brands and businesses tend to partition video marketing as a separate channel. It is such a big mistake. Its dual approach of audio and visual is a near-perfect marketing approach. As such, brands and businesses should always think of integrating videos in their marketing approach. It will give you the most bang for your buck.
STATISTICS ABOUT VIDEO MARKETING IN 2021
People all over the world enjoy watching video content now more than ever. In the US, 85% of Internet users watch online videos. Saudi Arabia and Turkey took the lead with the largest number of online video viewers monthly at 95% of Internet users. y 2022, a video marketing agency Hong Kong predicts that video will constitute 82% of online traffic.
According to a social media agency Hong Kong, there is a rising demand for video content among 54% of modern consumers. They are the favorite type of content that social media shoppers love to see. YouTube is the most popular video-sharing platform with 88% of marketers using the channel. Facebook comes next at 76%. Instagram is third among marketers’ favorite video-sharing channels. So, it may not be a surprise when Instagram Chief Adam Mosseri announced that it is now a photo and video sharing platform.
Video marketing does not only entertain audiences to increase brand awareness. Nearly 8 out of 10 people have made a purchase after watching a video about an app, brand, product, or service. Around 73% of consumers claimed that videos influenced their buying decisions. No wonder 93% of marketers say that they have acquired new customers by posting video ads on their social media pages. Video marketers also get 66% more qualified leads per year than those who do not engage in video marketing.
5 ESSENTIAL VIDEO MARKETING TRENDS FOR 2021
- Interactive Stories. The market for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) is expected to grow at $72.8 billion by 2024. Thus, brands and businesses should embrace both technologies and incorporate them into video marketing. Instead of simply appealing visuals, they should focus on creating an immersive video experience through AR and VR. AR has increase engagement among video content by 10x. While VR allows marketers to deeply connect with their customers boosting loyalty and retention.
- Sequential Storytelling. Telling your brand story is no longer a single creative. Video marketing has now evolved into sequential storytelling. They are several creative videos united by a single narrative. Each video may have individual value. But the brand messaging will only be complete if a viewer watched the whole sequence. YouTube research shows that 74% of viewers better remember sequential ads than 30-second videos. A series of consistent stories generate more interest and makes a brand remembered longer. Brands and businesses should start investing in such a type of video marketing. They are effective social media posts on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Shoppable Videos. Live shopping is transforming eCommerce today. Such a video marketing approach started in 2016 with Alibaba’s Taobao Live. It combines instant purchases with chat and reactions as the audience participates. Soon enough, shoppable videos started leading the western market. Last year, more than 70% of YouTubers around the world made a purchase while watching YouTube ads. While Twitch became the biggest live streaming platform today, with 9.3 billion hours watched. Gamers are also actively shopping for online apps and items on the platform in real-time.
- Short-form Videos. Modern consumers have a shorter span compared to traditional shoppers. So, it is important for video marketing to focus more on bite-size content. It is because they are easier to digest and more engaging to your target audiences. The growth of TikTok is one living proof of that. Short-form videos that are 15 to 60 seconds in length communicate with the audience in more exciting ways. By adding memorable music to the clip, brands and businesses can better capture the audiences’ emotions.
- User-Generated Video Content. Even in video marketing, your happy customers are your best advocates. A UGC video like a review or testimonial can boost the audiences’ trust. Only one-third of online shoppers rely on product ads. The other two-thirds rely on customer opinions and recommendations. A properly promoted UGC video content can go a long way from promoting a brand to uplifting brand loyalty. It is because UGCs are authentic, honest, and sincere.
THE STATE OF VIDEO MARKETING IN 2021
It is a no-brainer that the state of video marketing in 2021 is very promising. Such a state will continue in the coming years. Based on the current video marketing trends, a variety of engaging videos are still bound to capture the viewer’s attention. Brands and businesses should always remember that the key to a successful video marketing approach is to grab the audience’s attention in the first few seconds!